Pharmacists and pharmacy students play a critical role in the medication therapy management of patients with acute and chronic illnesses. By utilizing virtual patient simulation as a way to develop clinical reasoning skills, students and professionals further enhance their ability to impact and counsel patients.
The combination of increasing prescription needs, the plethora of available medications, and the combination of over-the-counter medications taken with with prescription medication, all routinely challenge practicing pharmacists.
- Challenge them to handle prescription and over-the-counter decisions and counseling
- Educate and assess on clinical reasoning, rationale, and counseling skills
- Expose pharmacists to epidemics, growing patient population segments, and rare cases from a highly accessible and scalable technology platform
Today’s pharmacy students must be prepared to work in multiple pharmacy settings and address the needs of diverse patient populations.
- Replicate patient populations and clinical setting workflows under the same technology platform
- Mentor each student’s progression through the simulation using cited resources for additional learning
- Create a self-paced solution that allows users to progress quickly through areas they are familiar with, and, in turn, spend more time with unfamiliar areas
Administrators and Pharmacy educators are challenged with bringing learning objectives to life in an engaging way that replicates reality.
- Bridge the classroom to clinic gap with an engaging and innovative technology experience that is accessible and scalable
- Review real-time data regarding individual and group level performance
- Identify skill gaps that require remediation for successful practice